Motorsport - About
Racing is in Beric Lynton's blood. Bruce himself has raced for many years with Beric growing up in the pit area. Bruce has raced in categories including Production Car, Sports Sedans, open wheelers and historic cars. Bruce competed in the Bathurst 1000, driving an Alfa Romeo. Bruce also won the Queensland Sports Sedan Championship. Beric was eager to get into racing as a teenager and as soon as he finished university he was able to turn his dreams into reality and embark upon his racing career. Since then he has competed in over 63 races Australia wide including the Bathurst 24 Hour Race, multiple Australian Performance Car Championships, Australian Production Car Championships, MINI Challenge and the Nurburgring 24 Hour Race in Germany. His impressive car collection has ranged from BMW M3, BMW M3R, BMW 323i, MINI Cooper S JCW Challenge Car and Holden HQ. In 2012 he built his latest 'toy', together with legendary designer, Ralph Bellamy, the BMW 1M. The BMW 1M race car is the first of its kind in the world.
Racing career highlights
- ADLED Australian Production Cars Outright and Class A Champion - November 2016.
- Winner of the Bathurst 12 Hour in Class D 2015.
- Race and Round win in Australian Manufacturers’ Championship Class A 2014.
- Australian Production Car Champion – 2014.
- Race and Round win in Australian Manufacturers’ Championship 2012.
- Winner of the Bathurst 12 Hour in Class C 2011.
- Australian Production Car champion in Class I 2011.
- Second in Bathurst 12 Hour Race – Class A 2007.
- Second in Australian Performance Car Championship 2006.
- Third in Australian Performance Car Championship 2005.
- Third in Bathurst 24 Hour Race – Class F 2003. First in Bathurst 3 Hour – Class S 1998.
- Australian GT Production Car champion in Class D 1997.
- Third in Australian GT Production Car Championship – Class D 1996.